For my new course at college (Foundation diploma in Art and Design) we were set a project called “I Am”. We had to create 6 outcomes that were 10 X 10 that expressed something about who we are. Of course, for this i had to include some knitting!¡ 😅
I was inspired by the work of Solene Lebon-Couturier, who creates knitted portraits. I thought I would have a go at creating my own, using intarsia and fair isle techniques!:
I can’t wait experiment more with using knitting as a medium in art!¡ ✌️😄
So i created this neat little intarsia cheat sheet in my sketchbook and also to help me remember the processes to use when knitting! Hope u enjoy 🙏🏻✌️
I have conpleted 4 more squares of my blanket for the Project of the Year ☺️
These squares are super similar to some I’ve done before so I thought I’d get them out of the way! Up next is cable…! 😲✌
For my birthday I got the amazing gift of last years Stylecraft crochet along project- Lily Pond 😊
I’ve recieved all the wool and patterns to make this beautiful lily pond blanket:
I would highly recommend taking part in one of these projects as each month they will send you new patterns and wool ( much like my other knitting project with the blanket). I also find the stylecraft wool very soft and easy to work with- plus its cheap!!!! 😵💸
So, for a student like me with a budget who likes viberant colours and patterns, stylecraft is a godsend!
I’ve just started working on my first panel and am looking forward to learning new techniques 💘
So, this time I decided to try one of my own designs of a spooky eye. I think the eyelashes could of come out better but I’m pleased overall 👁
Im still knitting my blanket and going to be trying cable really soon!!! Here is my design:
After a successful move i am back to knitting 8bit mario stuff. This time I chose the question box and just followed its original 8bit pattern:
So far this is probably the least successful pattern and I recon if I had made it bigger it would of looked better! More to come soon… ✨✨✨
Can’t think of a better way to spend my summer now that I’m addicted to intarsia knitting!!
Continuing on with the Mario theme I made this 1up in intarsia knitting! Here’s the pattern I made below! I’ve noticed the trick to knitting any pattern is to remember that they get a bit squashed in the horizontal direction. So I have tried to deliberately make my patterns longer vertically to counteract this so that the finished product looks as close to the original 8bit characters as possible.
Soon I may try and knit these motifs into some socks or even a scarf! But for now I’m just going to practise so I can get better and neater at it! 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄